We’re recruiting virtual Volunteer Readers and Site Coordinators to join us in the fall and help provide critical reading support and new books to kids. Help us spread the word!
Please consider helping in one of the following ways:
- Volunteer! If you haven’t already, sign up to be a SMART Reading volunteer Reader or Site Coordinator. Sign up online here or call 877-598-4633 to learn more and get connected with your local SMART Reading office.
- Tell your friends, families and colleagues. Personalize the email message below and send it to folks in your networks.
- Get social! Post about our need for volunteers on social media. You can find sample posts below.
Thank you for your help bringing the joy of books and reading to Oregon kids!
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
An organization I care about, SMART Reading, has worked hard to adapt its programming to continue serving kids in our community with reading support and books to keep throughout the pandemic. They’re launching a statewide campaign to recruit virtual volunteers this summer so they’re ready to launch their new virtual programming in the fall — and I’m hoping you can help us spread the word.
SMART Reading is recruiting for two positions: Readers and Site Coordinators. Readers take part in weekly, individualized reading sessions with students with the goal of fostering a love of books and reading. Site Coordinators provide program oversight during reading sessions, act as a key point of contact at SMART schools, and create a welcoming, organized environment for volunteer Readers and students. Read more about both of these roles here.
With your help, I know that SMART Reading can enlist volunteers to be ready to launch programs in the fall. Here are three ways you can help:
- Volunteer! Consider joining SMART Reading as a volunteer. Sign up online here, or call 877-598-4633 to learn more.
- Tell your friends, families, and colleagues. Personalize this email message and forward it to folks in your networks.
- Get social! Post about SMART Reading’s need for volunteers on social media. You can find sample posts here on our website.
Join us in doing what SMART Reading does best: spark a love of reading and learning in kids through shared reading time and access to books!
Sample Social Media Posts
With pandemic-related learning losses, Oregon kids need reading support more than ever. SMART Reading has adapted its programs to continue serving kids when they need it most — and they’re looking for virtual volunteers to provide individualized reading support to local kids. To learn more about this special role, go to http://bit.ly/28PwtBL.
In SMART Reading’s Virtual SMART pilot, 85% of students showed improvement in reading confidence, enjoyment and motivation. Kids need this learning support right now, and they can’t do it without volunteers. Learn more about how you can get involved: http://bit.ly/28PwtBL
Did you know that people who volunteer are healthier and happier? Build relationships in your community while making a difference for kids by becoming a virtual Reader or Site Coordinator with SMART Reading. http://bit.ly/28PwtBL
Virtual volunteers provide critical reading support to kids through weekly, fun online reading sessions. Get involved as a Reader or Site Coordinator with SMART Reading: http://bit.ly/28PwtBL