SMART Reading needs to recruit 1,300 new volunteers by November 1 in order to read with 11,000 Oregon kids this year. Can you help us meet our goal?
Please consider helping in one of the following ways:
- Volunteer! If you haven’t already, sign up to be a SMART Reading volunteer. It just takes one hour per week, and it makes a big difference in the life of a child. Sign up online here or call 877-598-4633 to learn more and get connected with your local SMART Reading office.
- Tell your friends, families and colleagues. Personalize the email message below and send it to folks in your networks.
- Get social! Post about our need for volunteers on social media. You can find sample posts below, or, click here to post a Tweet.
Thank you for your help in bringing the gift of books and reading to Oregon kids!
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
An organization I care about, SMART Reading, is launching a statewide campaign to recruit 1,300 new volunteers by Nov. 1 in order to meet their goal of providing over 11,000 kids with one-on-one reading support and new books to keep this school year.
Right now, kids across Oregon aren’t meeting reading benchmarks, despite the efforts of our hard-working educators. Studies prove that becoming confident, skilled readers early in life readies kids for future learning success and opens up opportunities that remain with them for life.
You can help kids in your community by volunteering to read one hour a week with SMART Reading. Kids from PreK to third-grade gain skills, confidence, and a lifelong love of learning through fun, child-guided reading sessions. If you have just one hour a week to volunteer, SMART Reading is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the lives of local students.
With your support, I know that SMART Reading can exceed its goal! Here are three ways you can help:
- Volunteer! Consider joining SMART Reading as a volunteer. Sign up online here, or call 877-598-4633 to learn more.
- Tell your friends, families, and colleagues. Personalize this email message and forward it to folks in your networks. (You can also find the email here on our website.)
- Get social! Post about our need for volunteers on social media. You can find sample Facebook posts here on our website. Or, click here to post a Tweet.
Join me in doing what SMART Reading does best: spark joy and opportunity through the magic of a shared book.
Sample Social Media Posts
Do you have one hour a week to volunteer? Become a SMART Reading volunteer and make a difference in your community. To learn more, go to http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
88% of kids in SMART Reading showed improved confidence in their reading skills. You can help empower kids for a lifetime of reading and learning success. Become a SMART Reading volunteer today: http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
Our vision is an Oregon where all children can realize their full potential through reading, and we need your help to get there. Become a SMART Reading volunteer and help inspire the next generation of Oregon readers! http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
Help kids experience the joy of reading by becoming a volunteer reader with @SMARTReadingOR! http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
One hour a week can make a difference. Join @SMARTReadingOR as a volunteer! http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs
.@SMARTReadingOR needs 1,300 new reading volunteers to bring a love of reading to over 11,000 Oregon kids. Can you help? http://bit.ly/1WYCyRs