The SMART Book Challenge needs your help!
The SMART Book Challenge is our annual campaign to raise funds to purchase books for the next program year. With interrupted learning this year, we know these books will be even more urgently needed next year.
Right now, we’re about $20,000 short of our goal, which equates to an additional 7,000 books for kids in communities across Oregon. We’ve extended the campaign until Sunday, April 19 so that we can work together to ensure we’re able to continue providing new books to over 11,000 kids next year.
Below are some tools to help spread the word about the SMART Book Challenge. We’re so grateful for your support!
I’m writing on behalf of an organization I care about: SMART Reading. For 28 years, SMART Reading has been fulfilling an important mission: To spark joy and opportunity through the magic of a shared book. Typically, SMART Reading provides 11,000 kids across Oregon with weekly one-on-one reading sessions with volunteers like me, and 14 new books each year for kids to keep and add to their personal libraries. While SMART Reading programs are currently closed due to the coronavirus, they’re still working hard to get books into the hands of kids in our community. And with interrupted learning this year, I know their work will be even more urgently needed in the coming months and years.
Will you join me in supporting SMART Reading by making a gift to support the SMART Book Challenge? Funds go directly to providing new books for kids in our community. You can give to SMART Reading by going to http://bit.ly/SMARTBookChallenge. Don’t forget to note that your gift should be credited to ______________________ (site name).
- $40 provides the books for one SMART Reading student for one year.
- $80 provides books for two SMART Reading students for one year.
- $325 provides all of the resources needed to put one student through SMART Reading for one year.
The site that achieves the highest participation rate will win an extra book given to the students in SMART Reading at that site next year and I would love for my site to win those extra books.
Thanks for your support!
TEMPLATE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- A nonprofit I support, @SMARTReadingOR, is raising funds to provide new books for kids in our community and they need our help! Every year, 11,000 kids in SMART Reading receive 14 new books to keep and build their personal libraries, and we know this work is needed even more urgently now and in the coming year. Please consider joining me in supporting the Book Challenge. Click http://bit.ly/SMARTBookChallenge to give and designate your gift to my site: _______________. Thanks for your help!
- @SMARTReadingOR has $20,000 to go in their campaign to provide 14 new books to over 11,000 Oregon kids next year when they will be more urgently needed than ever! Will you join me in supporting them through the SMART Book Challenge? All funds stay local. Click http://bit.ly/SMARTBookChallenge to give and designate your gift to my site: _________________. I’d appreciate it!