The SMART Book Challenge is here!
Last year we raised more than $90,000 through the SMART Book Challenge making it possible for SMART to provide more than 31,600 books for students statewide this year.
Based on the number of donations received designated to a site divided by the number of volunteers at the site, the site with the highest participation rate in each grouping will win an extra book giveaway day for their students!
This year, we are opening the book challenge to any donors, not just volunteers! Now a site will be able to achieve a participation rate higher than 100% in order to win! We’re providing you these tools to help spread the word about the SMART Book Challenge and secure that extra giveaway day for your site.
Here are ways you can help your site achieve a higher participation rate:
- Send the message below to your friends, colleagues and networks.
- Post about the SMART Book Challenge on your social media channels. You can find sample social media posts below.
- Have a special occasion or celebration coming up? Ask your guests to make a donation to SMART in your honor in lieu of gifts.
Thank you for your help!
I’m writing on behalf of an organization I care about: SMART (Start Making A Reader Today). For 27 years, SMART has been building reading motivation, self-confidence and a love of reading in our state’s youngest readers through weekly, one-on-one reading sessions with volunteers, and 14 new books each year for kids to keep and add to their personal libraries.
As you may know, I’m one of the 5,000 volunteers across Oregon helping to make the SMART program possible. I give my time and energy because I believe in SMART’s work to build the next generation of readers.
Will you join me in supporting SMART by making a gift to support the SMART Book Challenge? Funds go directly to providing new books to keep as their very own to all the kids in the program. You can give to SMART by going to http://bit.ly/SMARTBookChallenge. Don’t forget to note that your gift should be credited to ______________________ (site name).
- $40 provides the books for one SMART student for one year.
- $80 provides books for two SMART students for one year.
- $325 provides all of the resources needed to put one student through SMART for one year.
The site that achieves the highest participation rate will win an extra book given to the students in SMART at that site and I would love for my site to win those extra books.
Thanks for your support!
TEMPLATE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
- A nonprofit I support, @StartMakingAReaderToday, has launched its annual SMART Book Challenge. SMART volunteers read one-on-one with thousands of kids in over 300 Oregon schools each week, helping kids develop reading motivation and a love of reading. Please consider supporting the Book Challenge, which raises important funds to provide each participating child with 14 new books to keep. Click http://bit.ly/SMARTBookChallenge to give and designate your gift to my site: _______________. Thanks for your help!
- @StartMakingAReaderToday helps thousands of local kids in our community become strong, confident young readers by providing one-on-one support and books to keep. Can you support them through the SMART Book Challenge? Click http://bit.ly/SMARTBookChallenge to give and designate your gift to my site: _________________. I’d appreciate it!