At SMART Reading, our mission is to spark joy and opportunity through the magic of a shared book. Each child in our program receives 14 new books of their choice to keep and share with their families and friends.
We encourage kids to select books they’re interested in because we want children to experience the fun and joy of reading! We know that, just like adults, when kids want to do something, they’re more likely to do it often and well.
Here are 10 kid-approved favorites to consider adding to your bookshelf, or sharing with a child in your life:
- Ada Twist, Scientist by Andrea Beaty
- Dragons Love Tacos by Adam Rubin
- Lucia the Luchadora by Cynthia Leonor Garza
- My Brother Charlie by Holly Robinson Peete
- Pete the Cat: I Love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin
- Press Here by Hervé Tullet
- The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend by Dan Santat
- The Elephant & Piggie series by Mo Willems
- The Who Would Win? series by Jerry Pallotta
- Tiger in My Soup by Kashmira Sheth